Wednesday, May 15, 2002

Birthday gifts from my husband

Mother’s day and my birthday always fall within a week of each other. This year, they were 3 days apart. I received some special gifts this year from my Sweetheart. Let me tell you about them!

For Mother’s Day, I was given a card and a really cool garden squirrel figurine by Andrea, Adam, La Chelle and Nathan. I had a greeting on this site from Gladys, and Piccola and Gene. I received a call from Bear that day, “Stephanie, just called to wish you a happy Mother’s Day…” I had also received a call from him the previous week. After chatting for almost an hour, he confessed the true reason for his call: he had heard that there was a terrible car wreck here in OKC, and wanted to check on me to make sure I was OK. In addition, I had frequent notes of support from many of Andy’s other family members during the past months.

For my birthday, I received a beautiful card in the mail from Elmer and Marilyn. There was an online greeting from Andrea, and an E-card from Kim that said that she knew that he was celebrating for me in heaven, and that he would find a special way to let me know that is thinking of me.

I also received beautiful cards and greetings from my own family and my friends, but had it not been for Clarence Andrew Waller, I would never have known any of the rest of his family. Having his family in my life is a gift to me. Thanks, Honey! And, thanks to you all!

No comments: