Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Arthur and I are Officially Engaged


I had a wonderful time over Fall Break. Arthur flew in from Detroit on October 15th. He had already proposed to me by telephone, but as soon as we arrived at my house he made it official. He hit his knees and presented me with a beautiful diamond solitaire. I was so emotionally overwhelmed that I couldn't stand up, and ended up on my own knees shaking like a leaf. I then gave him star saphire men's ring. He was completely surprised... and very pleased.

That evening I showed him around town, and took him to the OKC National Memorial. It is so beautiful there after dark. While we were out he called his mother and said, "Hi Mom, I'm home!!!" I guess Arthur already likes it here.

Thursday night he and I took my entire family out to dinner in honor of our engagement. It sure makes it nice that everybody already knows each other well.

Friday we put a downpayment on the wedding chapel. We will be getting married at the Y-Chapel of Song on the University of Central Oklahoma campus. Our wedding is officially set for June 26, 2004.

The time went by too fast. He had to fly back Sunday in order to to return to work on Monday. His official retirement date is not until November 21. I hated to see him get back on that plane.

I sent Arthur an email stating that I was already missing him, and that I should have tied him up and kept him here! I shouldn't have let him go back to Detroit after his visit. His reply made me laugh:

" Angel Heart of mine;

If I had stayed after fall break, I'd be fired or suspended for not coming back. (I couldn't retire.) I would most likely lose everything. I would have no car, no furniture, no money, no place to stay. Very few shirts, jeans, underwear, socks, one pair of shoes. My pension might reach me sometime in January, IF I still get it.

But on the other hand I'd have you! And the ring is paid for.

I love you,
Arthur "

No comments: