Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The only thing that stays the same is everything changes...


...or to quote a line from a different country song: "Life's about changes nothing ever stays the same."

The other day I noticed the bath robe I bought a couple weeks after Andy died is worn out. That will make 2 new bath robes now since he died!

It is interesting that a change that I initiate myself does not have the sting as much as a change that happens on its own. How dare things change without checking in with me first???

The latest uninvited change that blindsided me is that the Eckerd Drug chain has been bought by CVS. I think Andy and I purchased all of our prescriptions at Eckerd the whole time we were together. I bought my pregnancy tests there. His signature vanilla pipe tobacco came from there. Baby diapers. Photo developing. I even felt like I was living there the last days of his life.

How stupid is that, getting misty eyed because a drug store is changing the name???

No comments: