Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Finally... a diagnosis


I have become so exhausted that I had to go see my doctor. She immediatly set me up for a thyroid scan and bloodwork.

I have finally been diagnosed with a thyroid tumor, 3.5 years after Andy's death, although I started having symptoms about a year before he died.

At the time, my previous doctor had diagnosed my swallowing difficulties as a nervous condition called "Globus Hystericus," aka "It's all in your head, silly girl."

So I am now having to have surgery to remove the tumor that has been "all in my head." And bless Arthur's heart, he is frightened to death. He literally broke down and cried when they called to tell me I needed to have the tumor removed and have it biopsied for cancer.

It isn't thrilling news to me, but right now I am more concerned about my sweet Arthur. Enough already. We have both been through enough!

No comments: