Tuesday, November 8, 2005

My surgery is over.

Well, I am home recovering from my my thyroid surgery. Surgery was on the 4th. I was kinda scared, (OK, VERY scared!) mostly about the outcome.

Well, the bad news is: there was a tumor the size of a chicken egg, so they removed it along with half my thyroid. I start thyroid medicine tomorrow. My neck feels like somebody took a hammer to it. There is a cut from one side of my neck to the other. My kids say I look like a Frankenstein monster. (thanks, kids.)

The good news is, they are 99% certain it is benign! Final results will be in tomorrow, but they said it looks totally benign.

I am floating on a cloud of euphoria, combined with narcotics. I didn't realize how scared I was until it was all over! This was my first real surgery, and the doctors had feared cancer.

My friends and family have been wonderful to me... (the Frankenstein remark aside!) I feel so blessed today. But I had my angel on the other side with me, too.

I have an angel named Arthur who has been cooking, cleaning, and taking care of the kids for me.

The world looks so bright and beautiful today! (I suppose some of that might be because I don't have to be back at work until the day before Thanksgiving break! :)

Yayyyyy!!!!!!!!!

No comments: