Tuesday, March 4, 2003

Premonition of now

Is it possible that deep inside we already know our futures? I have been thinking back the past few days... and remembered the time when we were preparing to go to Michigan for my 20 year class reunion.

Andy and I went to buy a new suit for him. It was a beautifully tailored western cut grey tweed suit, and it looked great on him. I need to mention that my cowboy NEVER dressed up. He loved his jeans and western shirts.

He modeled the new suit for me at home. Suddenly, I pictured him in that suit in a coffin. I began to cry. He took my hand and said gently, "Honey, it isn't going to happen for a long time." It was really weird how he read my thoughts. It was as though we BOTH saw the future. It was SO eerie.

Well, when he died, the nicest clothing he owned, treasured by him, was still that suit. I had an impulse to NOT have him wear it, because of that vision we shared 9 years ago. But, ultimately that is what he was buried in.

So strange.

No comments: