Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Fair Button 2004

This is the latest in the button collection. Now there are 18 total in our collection.

As you all remember, the State Fair was one of Andy's all time favorite can't miss events...I think he would appreciate this year's memory token!!! :)

(Yes, Kathy... his CLAW!)

This years stars: Shelby, Me, Arthur, Victoria and John Henry.



I sent this photo to all our friends the night it was taken. I received the following sweet email from Pammy:

" ...How awesome is that?!?! Tradition holds it all together! What wonderful memories you are making for the kids!
Steph...you are my hero! "


I will admit... our family is a bit unconventional! :)

I have always hated the American tradition of being afraid to acknowledge our deceased loved ones. So, we talk about happy times with their dad, funny memories... and even sad times. Keeping up the fair button tradition was made a bit easier by the fact that we never had the same people in the buttons every year, so there was no feeling that Andy was being "replaced," or forgotten.

Interestingly, my kids now talk about Arthur's late wife Sue like she is a friend of theirs. I guess she is, just one they never met.

Love,
Steph

No comments: