Saturday, August 11, 2007

End of the summer has arrived


Time.

Where did it all go?

Just a few seconds ago I had 10 glorious weeks of vacation to look forward to. Suddenly, the kids return to school on Wednesday and I have to report to work on Thursday.

I swear, I'm gonna quit. I promise, by this time next year I will be a multi-millionaire because of all the shrewd investments I am going to make with all of my non-existant funds.

Yeah, right!!!

Oh well, I am soaking up the remaining days in my flower gardens. Arthur and I have taken the kids to a few more places such as Six Flags over Texas.

Oh... that's right, I need to talk about the trip to Six Flags.

Even though we went with the kids' youth group from our church, for the first 4 hours we were there I actually thought I had landed in HELL!

It was frighteningly hot there. There were very few drinking fountains, and the drink prices were outrageous. It was a Saturday, so we were crushed by throngs of people, and the chatter was loud and incomprehesible. The smell was a combination of spoiled trash can and sweaty humanity. The wait at some of the rides was an hour and a half!!! And I wasn't even sure I really wanted to ride any of them. Yep, just like I imagine HELL!!

But somewhere around 6PM the crowds began to thin a bit, and the weather cooled down. I ended up having a nice time after all, so I guess the early part of the day was merely purgatory!

The kids talked me onto that giant Titan roller coaster. I used to love roller coasters, the bigger the better. But either I am getting too old, or the coasters are getting too big. I won't ride it again. However, I found the Mr. Freeze coaster exhilarating!

Since I was such a good sport, the kids went on the carouselle with me. Thanks kids! :)











1 comment:

M said...

Welcome back--your trip looks like fun!

Don't work too hard, except maybe on your get rich quick schemes. LOL!

BTW, I tagged you!