Friday, December 28, 2007

The true meaning of becoming seventeen.


At 8:00 AM Shelby knocked excitedly on the bedroom door.

“Mom! Wake up! It’s time to go!”

“Go where?” I grumbled.

“It’s my birthday, remember? I want to go donate blood. I’m seventeen today, and I can officially donate.”

I dragged my bleary butt out of bed. Normally I would have been at work by 8, however this is my vacation too. But with Shelby wanting to be so generous, I felt that I had no choice. No such luck of sleeping in, I guess.


So you don’t think that my daughter is too much of an angel to be believed, here is our conversation as we left the blood center.

“This afternoon I want to do the OTHER thing that I couldn’t do until today, Mom”

“And what is that?”

“I want to go see an R-rated movie!!!”


No comments: