Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Rubbing Elbows with Greatness


My family and I were fortunate enough to share a very enjoyable breakfast with a fellow blogger while in Detroit.

Frank Nemecek is a novelist and independent film producer, as well as the creator of two of the blogs on my reading list: The Warrendale Blog and the rather male-oriented The Voices in Frank's Head. Not only is he very talented, he is also very nice!

I didn't know exactly what to expect when we agreed to meet for breakfast at The Dog House, but because of my vast experience of meeting internet friends (can you say ywbb?) I figured he would be fine. (Although Shelby laughed, "Here we go again, meeting strangers off the internet!")


Frank turned out to be a big, sweet teddy bear of a guy. I think he had a lot more to fear from my zany crew!!!

I first discovered him through his Warrendale Blog. This blog serves a real community purpose! I admire Frank for for his efforts to revitalize the neighborhood where Arthur grew up and, although it is a daunting task, there is indication that his efforts are paying off.

I can't wait to see what project he does next!


No comments: