Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's Beginning to Sound a lot like Music!



When the 6th grade kids are in beginning band, it doesn't seem like the day will come when the squeeks and thunks actually resemble a melody. Tonight was John's 8th grade mid-year concert, and the music in this percussion ensemble is actually recognizable! :)



It's a bit difficult to see him behind the music stands, but John is the one in the tall Santa hat. He is playing the tenor quints, and although you can't see much you can hear him very well.

Alright, alright... I know I'm a stage mom! But I just can't help myself...!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember going to a band competition in Fort Scott, KS when our eldest was first chair clarinet in the Jr.High band. Doting parent, I dutifully videotaped the band performances. Live, they sounded okay. On the tape playback? Ummm, not so good.

But it's the experience they get, right?

Stella said...

LOL.. I'm not sure if this group even sounded very good live! But at least I could tell what songs they were trying to play this time. :)

At least nowadays with digital recording we don't have to pay for videotapes like we did when my oldest was in band.

Yes, the experience is priceless!