Friday, February 24, 2012

My other full time job


It wasn't enough that I was taking care of a house and my kids, spending time with my critically sick spouse, and working at the school 5 days a week. I had another full-time job taking care of insurance paperwork!

The insurance company instructed me to send certified letters to every doctor, lab, radiology company, pharmacy, equipment company, ambulance, etc. with copies of the updated insurance cards that finally arrived in my mailbox. As you can see, it took a bit of time, energy and money, but I did it.




The denial letters slowed down a bit after I sent out the updated information, but they never stopped completely, even after Andy died. I continued to contact the insurance company, and tried to pay the bills or make arrangements, but some slipped through the cracks. One of the years after he died, I was garnished for an ambulance bill at Christmas time. Nice, huh?


No comments: