Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pennies from Heaven


Are there really such things?

Like others, I have found pennies at just the “right” moment.

For instance, I found one the day I ordered Andy’s headstone. When I left the office, there on the ground next to my car was a shiny new 2002 penny. 2’s are special to me, so my concrete heart felt a tiny bit lighter.

Then there was the day that the kids and I went to the Frontier City theme park for the very first time…a place Andy always wanted to go. I was talking to him in my mind, telling him how much I wished he was with us. Then I looked down. Once again, there was a shiny new 2002 penny.

At the time I craved little coincidences. Often such little things could give me a jumpstart out of my depression.

Those were 2002 pennies, not really so much of a coincidence considering it was 2002 when I found them. For a very long time I wouldn't admit to myself that pennies are generally lying around everywhere, whether I need one or not.

But that doesn’t mean they aren’t special.

I am now in the habit of picking up a lost penny and checking the date on it. Then I go back in my mind to a special thing that happened that year. 1982… I moved to Oklahoma. 1978…my oldest son was born. 1989… I graduated from college. 1968… I was in love with Davy Jones! :)

So whether or not pennies come from heaven they always bring a blessing.

(If the penny is from before I was born that is pretty special too, because that means it is a wheat penny!!!) $$$

And... that's my two cents worth for today. LOL! (Groan!)


Pennies From Heaven


I found a penny today,

just laying on the ground.

But it is not just a penny,

this little coin I found.

Found pennies come from heaven,

thats what my Grandpa told me.

He said Angels toss then down,

oh how I loved that story.

He said when an Angel misses you,

they toss a penny down.

Sometimes just to cheer you up,

make a smile out of your frown.

So don't pass by that penny

when you're feeling blue.

It may be a penny from heaven,

that an Angel's tossed to you.


Author Unknown



No comments: