Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ending my summer on a good note



Last night was the Sheryl Crow/ James Blunt concert. We put the tickets Arthur won to very good use. This is my last weekend before I have to return to work for the school year, so we were able to really kick back and enjoy ourselves.

The storm that had been threatening decided to come again another day. The weather was absolutely perfect. When the sun went down we enjoyed a full moon, temps in the low 70's and a light breeze.


It's difficult to explain the warm feeling I get from attending a music concert. I guess a happy drunk guy behind us making us laugh, a little bit of beer of our own, good music, the energy of the crowd, and the sweet outdoors makes me feel 19 again.



(Too bad I can't see Bob Seger for $1 like I did in those days!)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all.

Reminds me, though, of the time we drove down to OKC in '95 to see The Eagles (forget the venue) during their "Hell Freezes Over" tour.

Glad you enjoyed it. Have fun "going back to school"!

Rob

Alexa said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE James Blunt and got to see him a couple of years ago!! Goos on you for getting out there and seeing an awesome artist!

How are ya? So sorry it's back to work again... but I have to think- if I were a nurse, which obviously I'm not, I would want to be at a school... *I think!!*

Anyhow- hugs to a new school year! thinking about you!