Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Old commercial, new tradition



Jewelry is the gift to give,

'Cause it's the gift that'll live and live!

So give the gift you know can't fail,

at BC Clark's anniversary sale.


Most sales are after Christmas,

But Clark's is just before.

Most everything is marked way down.

Savings you can't ignore,


At Oklahoma's oldest jeweler,

( Since 1892 )

So, give the gift you know can't fail,

at BC Clark's anniversary sale!



This little jingle is as much a part of the Christmas season in Oklahoma as Chestnuts, Rudolph and Frosty. By the end of my first season in OKC 26 years ago, I was humming it along with all the other songs on the radio.

When Arthur and I chose our wedding bands, I suggested BC Clark. I owned nary a piece of their jewelry despite my love for the commercial, thus I had no emotional tie to the store. I knew that every time we heard the jingle it would make us consider our rings and each other, so now it brings an extra bit of warmth to our holidays.


Merry 5th Christmas to us!




No comments: