Friday, August 7, 2009

Jimmy on Television (a loooong time ago.)


All this talk about sororities, Shelby going away to college, etc. is starting to make me feel sad. So for this weeks film clip I thought I would travel back in time again to when my kids were all still kids. (Actually, John wasn't even born yet when this film was made!) This is a clip from Jimmy's middle school days when he appeared on television with the school jazz band.

The morning news show was hosted by Butch and Ben McCain. It was more of a news-variety show. The McCain brothers are singers and performers themselves.



An interesting note about this film: I have had it on YouTube since February. I mainly posted it so Jimmy could see it again. Well, just this past week several of his former band mates stumbled on the film. Their thread on facebook (about 60 posts long so far) makes me smile! I remember all those kids fondly. High school band is like a big family! :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat! But you didn't tell us which one was Jimmy.

Judy said...

These kids were great! If it hadn't been for band I don't know how I would have made it through high school!!! Band/music was my life in high school, college and just a few years ago playing with a community band==love it. Also was very active as a parent in the band parents group for my kids when they were in band.

Stella said...

Thanks Judy! I love being a band parent. Now that John is entering high school this is going to be my third time around. :)

Sorry Rob... Jim is the keyboardist. he isn't in it much, but they got a couple of good closeups.