Saturday, September 4, 2010

Old School Pirate Band



Last night was the debut of the Pirate Band's 2010 marching show. It made me realize that I have been a band parent for a long, LONG time!!! :) Let's see... Jimmy graduated in 1997, so 4 years of high school and 2 years of middle school band... WOW It's been since fall of 1991! Almost 20 years of non-stop percussion. And you all wonder why I am crazy??? :-)

I am very proud of all my band kids, but today I'm putting the spotlight on Jimmy. This is a video from when he was in Jr. High in 1993... specifically what is now Capps Middle School. (Cooper had not been built yet.) He is the slightly nervous musician playing keyboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXIX-GTDvTo



And this is the Pirate Marching Band 1996-97 Jim is the tall guy on the snare line.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S25v-H_Acwo



Long live Band.... and Band Parents!!!


2 comments:

Widow in the Middle said...

Last night our HS band performed a tribute to Led Zeplin for the halftime show. It is nice to know that across our land our kids are unified, creative, strong, growing leaders as they march onto the fields either as members of the team, band, student trainers, flag corp, dance squad or pep leaders. My hat proudly goes off to all of them!

Stella said...

Congratulations, fellow Band Parent. :) I agree... band helps make good future leaders! Thanks for visiting.