Saturday, November 27, 2010

All tucked in, nice and cozy.



It's the end of another season. My garden has gone from this:




...to this:




I always feel a bit wistful at the end of each season, particularly as fall moves into winter. It does help, though, to look ahead to another spring.



It's the time of year to plant more of those "Hope Flowers" I mentioned awhile back.



Springtime in the form of a sleeping bulb is tucked snug in it's bed, along with several dozen brothers and sisters.

The thought of that helps warm my soul throughout the winter.



2 comments:

Rob said...

Ahhhh, winter in Oklahoma. A walk in the park compared to winter in Alberta, eh? It was very risky, but I only dug the last of the potatoes and harvested beets and carrots on November 15th this year. There was a little frost to break through and, oddly, it was raining that day. The next day the temps dropped to around -20 C, so my little harvest was just in time. Normally, one should have all the garden veggies out by no later than Canadian Thanksgiving, which is before October 15th.

Planting hope. That's a nice idea Stella.

Stella said...

I'm glad you were able to get them before it was too late, Rob. We just had our first hard freeze here last night so these flowers were planted in just the nick of time, too. Looking forward to spring already! :)