Saturday, November 6, 2010

A couple of little happy tidbits


Tidbit #1: Bloglines is BACK!!! A new company has agreed to take over the operations of the Bloglines Reader from Ask.com. It was supposed to be closed forever, and I was frantically moving my subscriptions elsewhere. To me, Bloglines is the most user friendly RSS reader, so I am very happy with the news!!!

Tidbit #2: (If you are my friend on facebook you can skip this one since this proud mom has already trumpeted the news.) My son Jimmy has been obsessively programming an app for iphone, working in collaboration with a college friend. The app is known as Pocket Percussion teacher. Three days ago it was accepted by Apple and released on the Apple Store. It has been selling extremely well, and the ratings are starting to come in. They are wonderfully positive!!! So, naturally I am thrilled, and proud and happy for Robbie and Jim.



Well, I guess there is a Tidbit #3, but is not on my happy list. The same day that the iphone app came out, we learned we have a major plumbing leak under the house that is going to cost us beaucoup bucks. It is in the hot water line, and the entire line needs to be replaced. The plumber is supposed to be here as soon as he finishes another job, so in the mean time, we have no hot water. Sigh. But, I won't complain too much. At least we have running water and a warm place to live. :)


2 comments:

Alicia said...

Thanks for the good news about Bloglines! I've been using Google Reader, but I miss Bloglines!

Rob said...

I've been using google reader as well, but it's not quite what I want. I had a lot of stuff saved in bloglines and I did plan to copy it elsewhere. Fortunately I didn't waste the time and was rewarded!

Congrats to Jimmy on his app thingy. I have no idea what that is, since I'm a deliberate Luddite when it comes to portable phones and things.

That hot water line failure is a pain in the butt, isn't it? Hope you get fixed in short order.