Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm as mad as hell...



Sound familiar? Wikipedia description of a scene from old movie 'Network':

"The upper echelons of a major news network decide to exploit a news anchor's symptoms of mental illness rather than pulling him off the air, because their ratings are soaring. In one impassioned diatribe, Beale galvanizes the nation with his rant, "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" and persuades Americans to shout out of their windows during a lightning storm. Soon Beale is hosting a new program called 'The Howard Beale Show', top-billed as a 'mad prophet.' The network allows more and more bizarre events on live TV until ultimately they allow the televised assassination of Beale."

Reminds me of what networks currently are doing to Charlie Sheen. He obviously needs help, but first they will exploit him until he's all used up. Maybe even dead.

I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to watch it... ever.


2 comments:

Alicia said...

Thank you!

Whenever any of my newsfeeds have posted about him, I post comment begging them to stop. They are feeding his disease, and he will surely die.

Thank you for this.

Rob said...

What Alicia said.