Saturday, April 16, 2011

John goes to Prom!


Like his older brother, John is attending his first formal dance as a sophomore, since his girlfriend is an upper-classman. I had forgotten how much easier it was to help a young man prepare for the prom. A rented tux, a shower, hair combed and he was ready! Wow, is my baby ever handsome!

Something neat happened today, too.

The yellow rose bush bloomed for the first time this year, and not just one bloom. There are at least a dozen blooms and buds on it! I think John's dad is watching today. :)














3 comments:

Marilyn said...

He has really grown up! Very handsome young man. Hugs from Auntie. :-)

Rob said...

Very debonair, Stella. Congrats to John.

I'm also admiring that yellow sports car in the background. Is that John's?

Also like the lack of snow, green grass and apparently there's no need for heavy jackets, caps and gloves.

And roses blooming already? Wow. Everything 'round here still has a cloak of snow. The poor robins are having to eat last year's berries off the hedge bushes.

Stella said...

Thanks, Marilyn! I think he cleans up very well these days. :)

Rob, his girlfriend's uncle loaned it to them for the night. What a trusting fellow he is!!!

And yes, leaves are coming out on the trees and most of the spring flowers are blooming. We have had days in the 90s already! I know somewhat what you are talking about, though, because I grew up in Michigan. I sure don't miss the long winters! :)