Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Well everybody, I'm writing!


I have been tagged fair and square by Alicia.

For those who have never done this before, this is called a “Meme.” I’m not sure, but I think it’s because this is a chance for things to be all about ME! For those that I tagged that don’t have a blog, just post your “meme” in my comments. Thanks! I love to read about everybody!

First, the rules:

1. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
2. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment letting them know they've been tagged and to ask them to play along and to read your blog.


What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998


1. I went back to college for a second time.

2. I was the day time charge nurse on a cardiac stepdown unit.

3. I was driving carpool for Shelby to soccer, baton twirling, and dance.
4. I was having fun chasing a very active 3 year old named John
5. I was adjusting to Jim being away at college for his freshman year.



Five things on my to-do list today

(It’s almost the end of the day but still have a few small things)

1. Go get John some allergy medicine
2. Get my scrubs ready for tomorrow
3. Take a shower
4. Look over Shelby’s summer mission trip info
5. Watch the news and Jay Leno with Arthur





Snacks I enjoy

1. dry Cheerios
2. Cheezits
3. cashews
4. string cheese
5. veggies and ranch dip


Things I would do if I were a billionaire




1. Reopen and repair the former Campfire Camp Cimarron
2. Finance a dental clinic for uninsured kids
3. Donate a new piano to our church
4. Donate to the Jesus House, City Rescue Mission, Sister BJ’s Kitchen
5. Travel regularly

Five of my bad habits

1. I am a procrastinator


2. I am on the computer way too often
3. I don’t get up early enough to keep from rushing in the morning
4. I don’t balance my checkbook regularly and sometimes it bites me
5. I am forever losing things


Five places I have lived


1. Detroit, Michigan from birth to age 8
2. Detroit suburbs until age 26
3. Springfield, Ohio for several months
4. Oklahoma City
5. There is no number 5! :)


Five jobs I've had


1. Car Hop for A&W

2. Cashier
3. Waitress for Pizza Hut
4. Blood lab technician
5. Nurse (Hospital, Hospice, School)



Five people I tag

To be announced here after I send them a tag! :)



Edited to add: See Annie's blog for her answers to these questions.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I do have a Blog: http://kathy-mylittlecorneroftheinternet.blogspot.com/
I clicked on the make a link thing. Did it work? I have no idea! LOL! Help me Stella!

Stella said...

Well Kate, you did link to my blog but what you need to do now is copy the questions, paste your own answers in, and then post them to your blog! :)

Not to worry, you will be a pro at this in no time!

Kathy Gutzman Dowdle said...

So am I supposed to post this here?
OK, so I guess this is called a "Meme," don't ask me why. LOL. I understand that I am supposed to answer these questions, and then tag a few of you to do the same. So, here we go. I don't have any nice photos like Stella does (actually I am doing this at work). They think I am furiously working right now.

1. What I was doing 10 years ago - 1998
1. Attending the same BSN program as Stella.
2. Trying to get an education while keeping one eye on my two little step-daughters.
3. Recovering from neck surgery to remove a couple of bad disks.

2. Five things on my to-do list today
1. De-frag. my laptop
2. Finish filing these student records
3. Up-date my PowerPoint for next weeks lecture
4. Try to remember the URLs for every body's Blogs so I can tag them. LOL
5. Go to Weight Watchers (an lose something this week I hope)
3. Snacks I enjoy
1. Nuts (almost any kind!)
2. Rye chips
3. Cherubs (little pear shaped cherry tomatoes)
4. Any kind of fruit
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire
1. Re-build Boblo, Edgewater, and Walled Lake amusement parks exactly they were in the
1940s
2. Take all my friends on a month long cruise
3. Get my doctorate degree without taking another student loan
4. Pay off all our bills
5. Finish remodeling my house (I don't need a bigger one)
6. Buy a new Sebring
5. Five of my bad habits
1. I procrastinate too LOL (I'm surprised I'm actually doing this today!)
2. I want everything to be perfect (especially the things I do)
3. My drug of choice is food (need I say more?)
4. I arrive everyplace early and get on people's nerves
5. I'm cheap
6. Five places I have lived
1. Detroit, MI until I was 6 months old
2. Suburban Detroit until I was 18 years old
3. Then to Kalamazoo, MI for a couple of months
4. Then to Ohio for a year, and right back to MI
5. Then back to New Carlisle, OH for 5 years
6. Then back to Wyoming , MI for 2 months
7. Then to OKC where I have stayed for 22 years
As you can see that's more than 5 places, so I have had enough of moving!
7. Five jobs I have had
1. Cook at the same A&W as Stella (I was there first)
2. Cashier at the same drug store as Stella (she was there first)
3. EKG tech for 8 years in Ohio and Oklahoma
4. Bedside, and charge ICU nurse then nurse educator in the hospital for 16 years
5. Now a nursing professor in and ADN program
8. Five people I tag
I'll let you know

Kathy Gutzman Dowdle said...

Well, I guess you can make me a pro at this. Right now I am totally confused. What else is new? LOL

Kathy Gutzman Dowdle said...

Oh No! My "Meme" is full of typos!