Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Miss My MTV!


Right after I moved to Oklahoma in early 1982, I signed up for cable TV for the first time in my life. The week we settled in to our new home happened to be the week of MTV's first birthday.

I loved nothing better than to come home after a long day of work and chill for hours with Jimmy on my lap, in front of the special effect music videos of the time. Now, this was back when they actually had music on MTV, and no commercials. Remember, MTV was short for "Music Television!"

Here is a small sample of what they were playing then. Such fun memories from when I was in my 20's!

I miss my MTV. I WANT MY MTV BACK!!!!!!!! Waaah!


The Steve Miller Band




The DOG POLICE




The Clash (Sorry, this one comes with commercials, but I simply couldn't leave it out...!)

- -



And, of course... DIRE STAITS!!! They want their MTV, too.






No comments: