Saturday, September 5, 2009

Save our children from....?


















I never, in my life of freedom in America, expected to sign a permission slip in order to allow my child the right to see the President of the United States speak on television.

As a matter of fact, when I was a school kid, if the President made a television appearance, it was a Very Big Deal. The whole school would be sent to the gym or auditorium in order to strain our eyes to see the industrial black and white televisions bringing us a moment in history. Even if our parents didn't agree with that particular President, it opened dialog so we better understood the way our government worked, and what important issues our parents supported.

To me, there is something very disturbing for controvery to occur over our children watching an address given by the man elected to the highest office in our nation.




2 comments:

Ronni said...

I so agree. The world is turning upside down.

Judy said...

I know. Strange society we live in nowadays. I am not enamored with the guy, but he IS the President and just for that fact alone, he deserves respect.