Saturday, December 11, 2010

Final thoughts about ornaments


These are just a few of many decorations that were given to me as gifts. The Starbucks one from Shelby needs no explanation to those who know me! :) The bell is one of the remaining few Twelve Days of Christmas" ornaments that my brother Doug gave me the year Shelby was born. The nurse jingle bell is a little sweetie from my mom, but the sweetest memory among these is the Energizer Bunny. That was a special gift from Andy. He knew I wanted it, and he went to several stores before he found one.



Here are some more ornaments that remind me of Grandma. She was always quite clever at arts and crafts, so she helped me make ornaments out of wooden sewing spools and pieces of broken up costume jewelry. They will probably be with us for many generations because they are indestructable.


The white deer was a trinket she bought me at the old JL Hudsons in downtown Detroit. It originally held bright colored lollipops tied with curly ribbons. And the trumpet is actually a baby rattle of mine!

As time passes and things seem to blur and fade, I'm so happy to have all of these multi-colored memories that I can hold in my hand.


No comments: