Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A new day dawns


My note from yesterday was not really what I had envisioned. I had in my mind a wonderfully written six-year tribute, but when I sat down to write all the words fell out of my head. All that was left was the emotion.

A common thread in my life story is nothing ever can be done in a simple manner! I have spent way too much time unsnarling legal messes, generally to correct other people’s mistakes. So, in addition to this being a horrible time of the year for me, I should have known that buying a home would not be a smooth ride.

As it turns out, I have to go through probate court. There was no provision of right of survivorship on the title to my house, so I can’t use the equity until a judge looks at our will. So our closing date on the new house has been put on hold for at least a month. Hopefully the sellers will be willing to wait that long.

Yesterday was particularly difficult this year, because of the probate stuff rearing its head at just the wrong time. Going through all those legal documents with Andy's signature on them, producing the will and the death certificate and then having to call all the kids and explain everything to them. (Their signatures are required as "heirs at large.") It sent me into a tailspin.

Today I am much better. I am emotionally drained and exhausted, but I now feel ready to step into year number seven. And everybody should be happy to know that my posts won’t be nearly as depressing for awhile.

Thanks everybody!

Onward…!!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts have not been depressing.

Just honest. And that is why I am drawn to them.

Anonymous said...

Stella, I have to echo what Nancy says...you are honest - what more can we, as readers, ask for?

Good luck with the house stuff

Pammy

Laura said...

Oh crud. I am so sorry you have to deal with that. It is amazing how nothing ever really seems to come easy afterward. I hope all goes smoothly and you are in your new home sooner rather than later. I am glad I am not the only one who had a culinarily challenged beloved.

Kelsie said...

Stella, thanks for visiting my blog! I don't want to be responsible for your reversing your weight loss, but I'm very glad that you find my site enjoyable!
And thanks for leaving such a great comment!