Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wryly tongue-in-cheek!



The closing on the new house was supposed to take place tomorrow, but has been postponed until the probate smoke clears. For some reason I am not even really surprised by this turn of events. Just because I’m paranoid doesn’t mean they aren’t out to get me! :)

In one of my recent musings I told about how Andy and I wanted to move out of this house, but something always prevented us from moving. Now Arthur is living in this house with me and once again something is preventing the move, at least temporarily.

A chill ran down my back when I came to this realization:


'Relax,' said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
but you can never leave!


This is not a house. We are living in the Hotel California!!!



Ok, now that I have written that I have the song running through my head. So here it is!








1 comment:

Laura said...

We had always meant to sell our house and move onto some land. In fact, that is what we were doing when I lost him...two days after he got the equity loan. I do hope you finally get to check out. I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible.