Saturday, March 1, 2008

Another grey hair for Mom

It’s always scary when you pick up the phone and your child is sobbing on the other end of the line. It’s even scarier when the child is out with the car.

“Momma!!!” (sob, sob.)

“What is it Shelby???”

“Oh Momma, I need to talk to Arthur!” (sob, sob.)

Now the situation is reaching truly frightening levels. Shelby was out with Arthur’s vehicle. I had visions of a battered child calling from the side of the road with a wrecked van surrounded by police.

“He’s in the shower. What’s the matter, Sweetie?”

“I was (sob, sob) washing the van and the wand slipped out of my hand and (sob, sob) broke the window! And I’m scared Arthur (sob, sob) is going to be mad at me…!”

Deep exhale from Mom!

No, Arthur is not mad. I am not mad. We are just thankful for small every day problems that a little bit of money can fix.

A broken window is incredibly small in the great scheme of things.



No comments: