Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Probate day one

My petition to be granted the position of executor of Andy’s estate was presented to the court today. After all my fret and worry, I didn’t even have to appear. According to my attorney, the process should be fairly uncomplicated. I certainly hope so. It’s been hard enough emotionally as it is.

It’s so strange. Here I am, trying to take a great leap forward, but circumstances are trying to hold me back. Going through all the documents to prepare for probate reminded me of the old country song “Digging up Bones.”

“I’m diggin’ up bones,

Just diggin’ up bones,

Exhuming things that’s better left alone.

I’m resurrecting memories of my love that’s dead and gone.

Well tonight I’m sittin’ alone, diggin’ up bones."

Yup, it seems there’s always more of them thar bones to dig up... even when I don't want to do it any more.


1 comment:

Laura said...

Although I hope that is not your judge... I hear she can be rather tough.