Friday, February 20, 2009

Film clip Fridays


It's a bit late in the day, but here is my newest brainstorm! Because of my wonderful new toy plus thousands of hours of video, starting today I will post a short vintage family video clip every Friday. Future Friday posts will be titled: "Film Clip Friday!"





Today's selection is a clip of my three kids during the short time I had all of them living home. (Jimmy age 17, Shelby age 4, John age 1.) It is much longer than future clips will be, but this product needs to be rushed to market before Friday is over!! Future Friday clips will be apx 1-3 minutes long. Hope you enjoy traveling down memory lane with me. :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool Stella!

I too have some analog video that I need/want to digitize. I'm not sure I'm "ready" to do that yet, even now.

What kind of a gadget is it you're using again?

~TigereyeSal~ said...

What a fantastic "slice of life"!

I love how each of them is so absolutely age typical in their behaviour- Jimmy's big sigh, Shelby's energy, John's distractibility.

I also love how sweet they are with each other. What a wonderful family!

Stella said...

Thanks Rob! :)

The device is called "High Speed Video Grabber." It is made by a company called U-Lead. I bought it for under $40 from Comp USA at their going out of business sale, and just now took the time to figure out how to use it.

I understand the "ready" to do that thing. I tried to edit a clip with Andy in it. I can watch videos of him, but editing film feels almost like I'm "disecting." I'm having a real hard time with it, and don't know when I can do that. We will see.

Sally, thanks! We have our moments...! Unfortunately, photos and videos are usually taken when everybody is acting their best. The kids are not always so wonderful with each other! LOL. But I love 'em. :)