Monday, June 1, 2009

Fun without me

My kids' summer vacation began ten days before mine. Although I still have two more days to work, they decided to take a road trip without me. A dozen teenagers traveled a couple of hours to Mears, Oklahoma to eat at the world's famous burger restaurant and Shelby talked Arthur into driving one of the groups. So not fair! They could have waited until I could go too. But, nOooo, they just had to go right then! There is no way I can take time off at the very end of the school year.

I guess it was a good thing for them that I didn't. They neglected to mention that the trip included a drive to the top of Mt. Scott so they all could go rock climbing. I don't do mountains!!! Art is much more relaxed about things like that.

I'm not going to complain. I think Arthur is a very good sport for making the trip.



Mears looks like a real dive on the outside, but evidently that is their gimmick. My gang brought back a burger and home fries for me, and the food is exceptionally good!



Then for the part I'm glad I missed:
















This distant climber too far away to identify is none other than John.



I'm glad they all had fun without me. Next week I can join them in an excursion but you can be sure, it won't be on any mountains!


2 comments:

Rob said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all. Good, clean, wholesome fun at that. Kudos to Arthur for being willing to pilot the crew.

Where abouts is Mt. Scott? Looks like a neat place.

Sorry you had to miss it, Stella.

streetsmart said...

Saw this site while blog hopping. Nice way to start the summer vacation. Burger at Meers Restaurant is heavenly!