Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Tigers won and we were there!!!


Although we are in Michigan to attend a wedding, we are turning this trip into a real vacation. Yesteday we decided to take in a Tiger game at Comerica Park. I had been to many games at old Tiger Stadium with my dad when I was a kid, but had never seen the inside of Comerica Park. Neither John nor Shelby had ever been to a professional baseball game.

John, in particular, is very interested in the sport since he is signed up for the freshman baseball team next year. Well, John got lucky last night. Not only did he get to see the game, but he was given a game ball by one of the players on the field! He also was able to nab a signature on the baseball mitt that he brought with him.

Since we are on vacation my opportunity to upload photos is limited. So here is a photo from last night's game (which the Tigers WON!!!) from the Detroit Free Press, and I will upload our own photos next week.

JULIAN H. GONZALEZ/DFP

The rehearsal dinner for Greg and Liz is tomorrow night, which happens to be mine and Arthur's anniversary, and then the wedding is Saturday, so I won't be around computer-land for a few days. I have pre-posted a very interesting piece for tomorrow in honor of the occasion. So check back tomorrow, it is a "Must See!" :)

See you all soon!


No comments: