Friday, August 15, 2003

Major Blackout up North

There is a blackout going on up North... perhaps the largest one in North American history. It started yesterday, and much of lower Canada and the Eastern US seaboard is affected. Plus Ohio and Michigan. So, along with 50 million other people, Arthur has been in the dark since yesterday.

He called last night while I was at bowling, and left a message that he is doing OK. However, I haven't heard from him since. Whenever I try to call I get the same old "All circuits are busy" recording.

I have been reading every scrap of news out of Detroit. They say all State offices are closed, so Arthur isn't working today.

All this turmoil, uncertainty and waiting is starting to get to me. And, I feel like a drug addict, sitting here waiting for my "fix!" I have become so accustomed the past week or so to hearing from Arthur several times a day. I think withdrawal symptoms are starting!

No comments: