Friday, May 15, 2009

A Happy Birthday, and a graduation!


Today, which happens to be my birthday, Shelby graduates from high school! I am writing this post in advance, because the day is going to be completely hectic with a pre and post graduation open house, not to mention the lengthy ceremony.

Twelve years ago almost to the day, I attended my firstborn's graduation. I'll never forget that one! That was an amazing day, seeing my first child making the transition into the adult world. Jim's graduation was not without a bit of drama, however. His counselor was not sure he had enough credits to graduate, and we didn't find out until the day of the ceremony that he actually did! That made Jimmy's graduation a bit more exciting than average!

Since I won't have photos or film of Shelby's graduation ready for a few days, I am offering a brief clip from Jimmy's graduation as this week's Film Clip Friday installment. (It's only 3.5 minutes long. I only wish that's how long the ceremony tonight will be! Ha Ha.)

Jim's the guy with the big, relieved smile as he receives his diploma and gives the peace sign at the end as the class is leaving. :)





3 comments:

~TigereyeSal~ said...

Congratulations and happy birthday!

Sari said...

Congrats to Shelby and you, and Happy Birthday to you as well!

go_go yubari said...

Happy belated Birthday! And congrats to Shelby on her accomplishments!!!

Hugs
Lisa