Friday, May 8, 2009

My 15 Minutes of Fame




Student: “Can I have a hug?” (gives me a hug)

Student: “Can I have a dollar?”

Me: “You are so cute I would be tempted to give you a dollar if I had one, but all I have in my pocket is a bit of dryer lint.”

Student: “Can I have the lint?” (then laughs and gives me another hug.)

How can anybody not love a job like mine?!?


I have been selected as Oklahoma City Public Schools' "School Nurse of the Year." Woo Hoo!! This week's Film Clip Friday is not my own film, but rather a film from the City's website and the corresponding article that was in Wednesday's newspaper.

National School Nurse Day

John says now I can walk into any restaurant in Oklahoma and demand preferential seating with the statement: "Don't you know who I am?" LOL!!!


2 comments:

Sari said...

Congrats!

~TigereyeSal~ said...

That is so fabulous, and clearly, so well deserved. Way to go!