Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Just what you HAVEN'T been waiting for!


GOTCHA! Here's our vacation photos from San Antonio! This post is being narrated in my best tour-guide voice.


Here comes the Amtrak to take us to San Antonio, Texas! The Amtrak station is less than a mile from the Riverwalk.




I love the train! One of the most fun things is the dining car.










This is the first time that any of us has been to San Antonio.

After arriving on the Riverwalk, we went on the river boat tour.









It doesn't take a whole lot to entertain Shelby. She got a charge out of finding a drug store on the Riverwalk!





These photos don't even begin to show how pretty this area is.





The pool was nice, but the water was COLD! :)

Here's some of the great breakfast cuisine offered at the hotel.





This is the Tower of the Americas and the view from the top.





Shelby checks out the view from the hotel, and John checks out a palm tree.



Arthur and I check out a couple big glasses of cold Guinness at Waxy O'Connor's Pub!




Of course, we didn't forget the Alamo.




The last night we were there we went on a dinner cruise. It figured, I forgot my camera, but some nice people used our cell phone to snap this shot.

Sooo... that's the end of the vacation photos. Aren't you glad you don't have to politely sit and watch hours of home movies or slides? If my friends and family click right off of this post I'll never know, so they're not bored and my feelings aren't hurt! Everybody wins! :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stella,

Those are lovely photos. It looks like you all quite enjoyed yourselves on the getaway. And taking the train? I bet that was a great idea, saving all that driving. You and Arthur look so relaxed and happy in that last photo.

The photos remind me a bit of the only time I've been to San Antonio. I was on a short term assignment at one of my employer's plant sites in Texas (south of Houston) in 2002. Shelley flew down to spend a week with me and we took a long weekend to drive out and spend a couple of nights in the Hill Country. On the way we made a stop in San Antonio to see The Alamo and talk a walk on the famed Riverwalk.

Thanks for prompting those memories for me, and I'm glad you folks had a great trip.

Take care.
Rob

Anonymous said...

My sister like friend has relatives there and she was visiting yearly for a while. She was always trying to get me to come down too.

Thanks for sharing.

Ronni said...

That string of coloured umbrellas is outside the restaurant where Jim and I had our wedding dinner. Called Casa Rio, it has reasonably priced Mexican food, but don't try the house champagne.

We were married on Wedding Island, just a few yards down the river from there. I think the tour guide on the boat probably pointed it out to you...

I have been to most of those places in San Antonio, and love the city. thanks for reminding me I need to go back.