Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Remodeling continues. Please send help!!!


Actually, it’s not too bad as long as we quit caring about mess all over the house. There are four rooms torn out, and all the contents have been moved into the rest of the house. One bathroom is half torn out, the other is half replaced. Today we had five people working in addition to Arthur and myself. In other words, our house is in a state of total chaos.

In some ways, all the activity reminds me of the days when I was a young adult and friends would just drop in. I didn’t worry if the house was a mess, and the friends didn’t care either as long as there was an empty piece of floor on which to sit!

One of the carpenters had turned a classic rock station on his little radio, so I turned the same station on our stereo. Arthur and I were painting trim together in a front bedroom, having a great time listening to songs from our youth.

There is something right with the universe when me, my husband, and the tile guy are singing “We are the Champions” together at the top of our lungs.

Good stuff, man! :)


4 comments:

Sari said...

Stella that sounds awesome! LOL Regress to your youth, who cares if there's dust and spackle every where? No need to cook - just order a pizza. And drink beer while you work, makes it go by faster, except when you have to re-do some drunken handiwork, LOL.

Stella said...

You got it!!! Only problem, it's such a mess around here that I forgot where we put the beer! :0)

Tanja said...

Sounds great Stella, maybe even better than a done house and nothing left to do!
Enjoy!

Tanja

Anonymous said...

Stella, I soooo hear ya! I love to get busy and at the end..not too clean and all sweaty...after a day like that, a shower sounds wonderful:)

OUch, I hope yuo can take one??

Please post endresults??

Have a wonderful weekend.
Champion:)))

Anja