Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The end of Third Quarter: the countdown begins!


The countdown that I'm referring to is leading to Shelby's high school graduation.

I'm trying to stay sane through the rest of this year. It seems like the whirlwind of Shelby's senior year is making the speeding time race by even faster.

Here are a few photo highlights of some events of the past three months not previously posted here:



First, her birthday. I posted a greeting, but forgot to post a photo from this year.





Here she is as delegate with the Southwest Oklahoma Model U.N. She was placed as delegate for Nicaragua.


I think this was a great experience for her. I always wanted to do better in Social Studies, and especially government. Now I can live vicariously through her! (Besides, I may learn a thing or two.)


Then came Winter Formal.


On another occasion last month, she spent the day at the Oklahoma State Capitol where she was able to actually go down on the senate floor. Of course senate was not in session. :) I think what almost topped that for her was she met a local celebrity there, TV news anchor Alex Cameron.













Now for the next two months:
1. Spring Break
2. Graduation announcements delivered
3. Final ACT
4. Cap and gown delivery
5. Senior Prom
6. Senior Honor Banquet
7. Award assembly
8. Baccalaureate
9. Graduation Practice
10. Senior Breakfast
11. Final exams
12. Graduation
13. Multiple grad parties

AAAAAAAAAAAuuuugh!!!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy this time with Shelby--even though it is hectic--it is the only time she will go through all that leads up to graduation day. Then the tears will fall as you watch her walk in--that dang Pomp and Circumstance song always made me cry--still does at the grandkids graduations.

Enjoy her while she is still at home.

Stella said...

Oh yeah... I'm trying to soak up all the time I can, for sure. She is so different than my older son Jimmy was. It was almost as though he had already left home by the time he was a senior, I barely saw him. John at 14 already seems to be heading in that direction. She still likes to hang out at home a lot. Is that a difference between boys and girls?

I'm already planning on the crying thing, gonna stock up on Kleenex! :)