Monday, March 9, 2009

Orb photos from our album


Many people believe that photo "orbs" are spirits caught on film. Although I'm a believer in "signs" from beyond, I've always been a bit skeptical about the orb business.

These pictures from our album are a bit startling, however.

The first one was taken of me with Arthur's son Dominic on his wedding day. I was unsettled that entire day, because I kept feeling pangs of guilt and sorrow that I was there but my friend Sue, his mother, was not. To honor her memory, Dominic and his bride Jen had chosen her birthday for their wedding day.

From the looks of this photo, perhaps Sue WAS there after all, giving her son a hug through me. There is an unmistakable orb right above us.



Here is a photo of Shelby on the first Christmas after Andy died. There are at least two orbs in this one, although not as clear. (Probably just reflection off the ornaments, but still...!)




This next one isn't as personal, but is very interesting. This is a photo Arthur snapped in 2003 on the 6th floor of the courthouse where he used to work. These are boxes of old traffic tickets. Are the spirits of the people involved in those traffic incidents haunting that room?




I'm still a skeptic, but it is an interesting subject to think about.



2 comments:

Ronni said...

I like the first one! I'm inclined towards the dust-motes theory for the last.

Anonymous said...

These are strange and weird things--I have never heard of orbs in photos before and I don't have any in my photos--I wish I did!