Friday, March 6, 2009

Film Clip Friday: John, age Three (oops, he was four!)


Here is a tidbit from a film created for one of my classes during my Bachelor's degree program. I believe the class was called "Psychology through the Lifespan." For the project, I interviewed 8 people ranging in age from 3 to 77 years old, asking them what their impression was regarding old people and getting old.

I will share the rest of the project on YouTube, if anybody interested in seeing the whole thing, but first I'll share my children with my blog buddies. I had a lot of fun with this! It is not a very high tech job, but it was good enough for what I needed at the time. The interviews have funny moments, and the comparisons are very interesting.

First up: John, age four.




3 comments:

~TigereyeSal~ said...

Nice work!

The camera is so steady- did you use a tripod? I love how you've integrated new technology, too, with titles and such.

He was very cute. Is he still?

:)

Anonymous said...

I am really going to love these interviews on "getting old"--each person's perspective. Especially the little kids--love them.

Stella said...

Sal! Thanks for the compliments about my camera-work. :-) No tripod, just me! Is John still cute? Depends on which day you ask me. He is 14 now, if that tells you anything. This recent post has a photo: http://okwildlady.blogspot.com/2009/02/joy-of-small-success.html

Thanks Judy! It is even more interesting looking at them all 10 years later. I think when I put the whole thing together I will do an update on each person.

I have the timeline wrong, Shelby pointed out that if she was eight it must have been filmed in the spring of 1999. Which makes John four. Wow, I have it all messed up! :)