Sunday, March 22, 2009

My "Wild Side," or Tipsy Shopping at the Dollar Tree


Anybody who knows me well can attest to the fact that I am not much of a drinker. I guess I'm what's known as a "cheap drunk." One drink, and I'm gone! :))

For this reason, I rarely indulge in alcoholic beverages. About once every two or three months, however, I allow myself a margarita with dinner at Chili's. After dinner, Arthur takes me to the Dollar Tree across the street from the restaurant and I go on a Dollar Tree Shopping Spree!

I'll never be rich by anybody's standards, but for a half hour I feel like a celebrity who waltzes into a boutique and purchases anything that catches her eye.

"Wouldn't this piece of framed art look good in the hallway?"

"Oh, look at those garden ceramics! I must have them!"


Etc.


Etc.


Fortunately, I have never regretted a purchase the next day, even though some of the items would not have been what I normally would choose. My inhibitions are released during "tipsy shopping!" :-)

So, now you all have seen my "Wild Side!"


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So many great things to buy, so little time.

I can get "tipsy" just from entering the Dollar Store.

Pamela said...

I have come out of my self-imposed exile of reading and posting to blogs so that I could just say how this made me laugh lol I am going to have to try this drunk dollar store shopping that you speak of
Pammy

Stella said...

Judy and Pammy, it is too much fun! Imagine strollong the aisles, filling hand baskets full of goodies with nary a twinge of guilt! :)

I thought of the idea for my blog post while at my Weight Watcher's meeting. Our leader was asking for our favorite non-food activity. I don't think that shopping in Margaritaville was exactly what she had in mind, though!

Stella said...

That should be "strolling." I can't even spell when I'm sober! LOL