Tuesday, March 3, 2009

OK, so I'm a Twit....



The hottest thing in my kids' virtual world is called "Twitter." It has been around awhile, but has recently hit Oklahoma City in a big way. My children think it's fabulous. I find it to be the ultimate in narcissism.

Any time a Twitter member updates their status, it is instantly transmitted to the computers and cell phones of anyone that is subscribed to their feed. A few examples:

"I am so hungry, I am about to faint."

"My teacher is a nerd."

"I'm so confused right now. He is driving me crazy."

"It's time for bed now. Goodnight."

Today I gave in and signed up for a Twitter account. Now, trust me, I am not planning on twittering every time I sneeze. Actually, I plan on staying pretty quiet.

But, here is my thought on the subject. If the kids are updating their status every five minutes, as a member I will always know what they are up to! And I don't even have to resort to reading a diary! (Not that anybody keeps a diary these days, anyway.)

Oh, did you know that famous (and/or infamous) people have twitter accounts? You can even set up your blog to update via twitter!!!

Don't worry. I'm not doing it! :-)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you want to know what they're doing every five minutes? Really sure?

Facebook updates on my kids are bad enough. If ever given the opportunity, there's no way I would follow them (or anyone) on Twitter.