Sunday, June 22, 2008

Anniversary Month


Our 4th wedding anniversary is rapidly approaching. Our church has a little blessing and renewal of marriage vows once a month so, along with the other June couples, this month was our turn.


It’s a bit different for us than the first time we made our vows to each other, though. Back then we headed for a big celebration, then on to a romantic getaway. Today we are renting a van to pick up a tub and two toilets! Does that mean our love is in the toilet? (groan!)

In reality, the wedding, the reception, and honeymoon were wonderful. But this is where the real love is, in enjoying the mundane, everyday things together. I am still so grateful to have this man with me for better or for worse, through painting and plumbing….!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really cool. Vow renewnal is an awesome thing to do.

Sari said...

Congrats on your renewal! That's nice your church does that.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you two. It is a wonderful change, from the romance and hoopla to the mundane, isn't it?

Today my sweetie did a mundanely romantic thing for me: he set up my home office. That's love - for him to work that hard for me on his first day of vacation.

Tanja said...

Stella, this is what it is all about. I hope to follow your path one day. Congratulations!