Thursday, June 5, 2008

"Don't forget to make the Kool-aid!"



Yes, that’s what I said while I was on my way out the door to attend my weekly Weight Watcher’s meeting.

There is nothing profound about that request, especially since I had supper ready to serve our expected guests when I returned. It really wasn’t too much to expect of Arthur, was it?

But the words stopped me cold. Arthur gave me the strangest look.

You see, I haven’t had Kool-aid in this house for many years. We drink juice, soda, or water these days.

My train of thought had totally jumped the tracks. It was a trip over six years back in time. Andy loved Kool-aid, and between the two of us we must have mixed up enough to quench the thirst of a large continent. How many times had I said those words, so common yet at the same time a personal little ritual of ours?

When I gave Arthur the explanation about my odd comment, he lost the blank look and flashed me a grin of understanding.

Oh, how I love that man.


3 comments:

~TigereyeSal~ said...

Yep; I think he's a keeper!

Tanja said...

He must be the sweetest of all Stella!

Anonymous said...

It's strange to have those old "sayings" rolling out of one's mouth, isn't it? Force of habit, I guess one would say.