Thursday, June 19, 2008

This is how the fun begins!




It's rather difficult to photograph macaroni on the ceiling. It's almost as difficult to figure out why the macaroni is there in the first place. :)




The kids finally broke down laughing and 'fessed up. It seems that when a cook needs to find out if the pasta is fully cooked, all he has to do is throw a piece of macaroni on the ceiling. If it sticks, it's ready!

I have been so preocupied recently that I didn't even notice the new overhead pasta decor until we began preparing the kitchen and dining room for a new paint job. Although we are having professionals install the new sink, ceramic tile and countertops, we are fully capable of doing the painting ourselves. (I think.)



Um, John? I think the paint goes on the ceiling, not on you.
















We have finished 3/4 of the painting. All we have left to do is apply the contrasting color. Yes, I helped! You don't seriously believe those three would let me get away with just taking pictures of them while they work, do you?

Tune in later this week for the next installment of "Adventures in Paint and Macaroni!"


2 comments:

Alicia said...

Tee-hee! What a great story to start my day with.

Anonymous said...

I am almost afraid to go in to my kitchen now and look at my ceiling!

Ceilings are just not something that people tend to look at on a daily basis lol

Good luck with the painting, Stella!

Pam