Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wow! My blog was selected for the Arte y Pico Award! :)


I am amazed and humbly thankful to be nominated for a blogger's award! My writings about the people that I love are from my heart, and I'm happy to know that there are readers who connect with my heart's emotions.

A very big "Thank You!" goes to "Go_go Yubari," (Lisa) the author of Nothing Good about Grief. (Her blog, filled with her beautiful doll creations along with tales of life, is among my favorites too!)

But, now that I am the recipient of an award that I am required to pass on to five other bloggers, how in the world do I select only FIVE??? I have at least fifteen favorites, and each one is favored for different reasons.

Well, I guess I will try to narrow it down, but this is really difficult. Here in no particular order are five of my top fifteen.

The first is among my online widow buddies, but Laura's blog began before widowhood. Then after the unthinkable happened, she continued documenting her journey. Laura's Zoo up North, with Bears, Moose and Wolves

Tanja, another widow buddy, is noted for her candor and often brutal honesty about herself and widowhood, and for continuing to pick herself up and dust herself off after being knocked down time and time again. Dutch Delights

My third selection is one that I discovered on Blogger's "Blogs of Note." It caught my interest because this young lady is about my Shelby's age. I don't know how this baking, crafty whiz kid finds time to sleep! Scroll through the blog to see Kelsie's beautiful creations that look so good you can almost taste them! Cakes by Kelsie

Number four is a "can't miss" for me. Rants by Ronni has the backdrop of widowhood, but deals more with the life of Ronni, an actress/costume designer of a local theater group. A great read, and the costume photos are wonderful!

My final selection is perhaps a bit more narrow interest, but I really have to mention this one. The Warrendale (Detroit) Blog by Frank Nemecek is all about the sweet little working class neighborhood where Arthur grew up and his parents still live. Frank's blog is helping to revitalize the area, and shows how a community struggling to survive the woes of a large city can still be beautiful. Check out his "Cool Warrendale thing of the Week" posts!

My love and thanks to these writers for providing such beauty and entertainment to the blogosphere!

The rules for accepting and passing on this award are as follows:

1. Pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog.

3. Each award winner (upon acceptance) should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.

4. Link to the Arte y pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. Show these rules.



I hate to end this because I still have several more blogs that I really want to mention! But, rules is rules I guess. :)




2 comments:

Ronni said...

WOW! what (heh) Stellar Company! Thank you so much...

Tanja said...

Thank you so much Stella!