Friday, June 27, 2008

Joy Comes in the Morning ...


…is the title of the post made by Marsha over at Breathings of the Heart the day after she and Kent were married. Her post so hit home with me, because that is the best description of how I felt the morning after our wedding. Today we are celebrating our "morning after" anniversary. (Arthur and I find any excuse to celebrate something, but I'll save that for another post!)

We have one picture from “the morning after,” and like most of my photos there is a story behind it.

When Art and I left the reception to head to a “romantic getaway,” it didn’t occur to us to pack an overnight bag. In the morning, after the joyful fog lifted for a moment, we found ourselves with no clothes other than our wedding attire. He donned his tux bottoms just long enough to go search his car. Fortunately, there was the outfit I had worn to the chapel before I changed into my wedding dress. The only clothing for Arthur was a pair of scrub bottoms and an old paint shirt!

We had to return to my place to relieve Aunt Paula from babysitting. (The kids were due to be delivered at camp later in the day, and then we scheduled to leave on our honeymoon.)

Paula took this shot of us, and even in the unusual outfit you can see from our expressions that joy truly does come in the morning! :)





4 comments:

Tanja said...

That is so very cute Stella! Great story, something you'll always remember. Happy smiles too!

Marsha said...

What a sweet post and an even better memory.
Blessings,
Marsha

~TigereyeSal~ said...

Happy anniversary to the two of you- you are inspirational.

Sally

Anonymous said...

Great story! Happy Anniversary!